I’ve intentionally held off on commenting on the Shirley Sherrod story until now. I guess I didn’t want to make the same mistake as all the other folks who chimed in before all the facts were known. Of course, any story about race is a constantly moving target, so who knows what new wrinkles the saga will bring this week? In any event, you can now read my reflections on last week’s developments at UrbanFaith.com.
CrissCross on Is Obama the Antichrist? No, s… destiny owens on ‘Twas the Night Before J… Johne403 on Deadly Assumptions Sandra on Culture Clash: Bratz vs. … Edward Gilbreath on When Santa Claus Went to the… donalddhightower on When Santa Claus Went to the… donalddhightower on When Santa Claus Went to the…
- RT @RevJJackson: Dr. #GardnerTaylor. The tallest tree in the forest of great preachers and Dr.#MartinLutherKingJr's favorite. RIP http://t.… 2 weeks ago
- RT @justrashad: "You do not want to strive to be a great preacher. You do want to strive for people to feel...what a great gospel it is." #… 2 weeks ago
- @bobsmietana Thanks! It's certainly a special memory. Such an honor to visit him at home in Bed-Stuy. He was a regal, wise, and kind man. 2 weeks ago
- RT @bobsmietana: Legendary preacher Gardner Taylor, a friend of MLK, died Easter Sunday. @CTmagazine profiled him in 1995 http://t.co/VRGy… 2 weeks ago
- RT @SankofaExp: Pulpit King Gardner Taylor Dies at 89 buff.ly/1y8MxKK via @EdGilbreath 2 weeks ago
- Apology Asian Asian American Barack Obama Bill Cosby black church Bob Jones University Chicago Chris Rock Christianity Today Christmas Civility civil rights movement Conservatives Culture Deadly Viper Democratic National Convention Democrats Diversity Divided by Faith Election Eric Holder Evangelicals faith family film Forgiveness George Ryan Glenn Loury gospel music Grace I Have a Dream Illinois John McCain Jordan Peele Jud Wilhite justice Martin Luther King Jr. Michael Emerson Michael O. Emerson Mike Foster movies multiethnic church NBA Newsweek NPR Obama parenting Philip Yancey Politics prayer President Barack Obama Presidential Election President Obama Race Race Relations racial reconciliation Racism Reconciliation Religion Rod Blagojevich Roger Ebert Sarah Palin Saturday Night Live Sexism social justice Soong-Chan Rah Soul Children of Chicago stereotypes Thanksgiving Todd Burkes UrbanFaith UrbanFaith.com war Zondervan