This may be a bit of a departure from the usual themes on this blog, or maybe it isn’t. In any event, I was moved by this commentary/essay by Frank Deford this morning on NPR. It’s a cliche to say it, I know, but sometimes sport is the perfect metaphor for life.
George on Bob Jones University’s S… CrissCross on Is Obama the Antichrist? No, s… destiny owens on ‘Twas the Night Before J… Johne403 on Deadly Assumptions Sandra on Culture Clash: Bratz vs. … Edward Gilbreath on When Santa Claus Went to the… donalddhightower on When Santa Claus Went to the…
- The latest @ThisAmerLife is required listening if you're concern about the racial disparities in public schools. tal.fm/562 1 hour ago
- DJ Henry was a black man killed by police. Should he be a cause? yahoo.com/politics/dj-he… via @YahooPolitics 1 week ago
- RT @cnormanpeterson: "The image of God is a verb, not a noun" #CHIC2015 @jkameroncarter 2 weeks ago
- RT @stewart: 🕔 Acknowledging that we still have a very, very long way to go is literally the least anyone could do. 1 month ago
- RT @WEB_Ture: We worship 2 raise our cry 4 justice, proclaim our holy anger, lament the loss of our brothers & sisters ~@Bgreen_312 http://… 1 month ago
- Apology Asian Asian American Barack Obama Bill Cosby black church Bob Jones University Chicago Chris Rock Christianity Today Christmas Civility civil rights movement Conservatives Culture Deadly Viper Democratic National Convention Democrats Diversity Divided by Faith Election Eric Holder Evangelicals faith family film Forgiveness George Ryan Glenn Loury gospel music Grace I Have a Dream Illinois John McCain Jordan Peele Jud Wilhite justice Martin Luther King Jr. Michael Emerson Michael O. Emerson Mike Foster movies multiethnic church NBA Newsweek NPR Obama parenting Philip Yancey Politics prayer President Barack Obama Presidential Election President Obama Race Race Relations racial reconciliation Racism Reconciliation Religion Rod Blagojevich Roger Ebert Sarah Palin Saturday Night Live Sexism social justice Soong-Chan Rah Soul Children of Chicago stereotypes Thanksgiving Todd Burkes UrbanFaith UrbanFaith.com war Zondervan