This may be a bit of a departure from the usual themes on this blog, or maybe it isn’t. In any event, I was moved by this commentary/essay by Frank Deford this morning on NPR. It’s a cliche to say it, I know, but sometimes sport is the perfect metaphor for life.
Gail on How ‘Hee Haw’ Chan… Gail on How ‘Hee Haw’ Chan… Glenna on ‘Twas the Night Before J… Shay on ‘Twas the Night Before J… George on Bob Jones University’s S… CrissCross on Is Obama the Antichrist? No, s… destiny owens on ‘Twas the Night Before J…
- @ahc @CTmagazine Congrats, Andy! 2 months ago
- RT @GeorgeTakei: Not sure who the artist is, but yes. This. https://t.co/6yUavMHEtQ 2 months ago
- RT @ThomasNelson: For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. - Luke 2:11 NKJV #MerryChristmas… 3 months ago
- RT @ReadBakerBooks: And suddenly a multitude of heavenly armies appeared with the angel, praising God and saying... Luke 2:13 @TLVBible #TL… 3 months ago
- @Mepaynl @CTmagazine @Cov_Church Thank you, Morgan, for the great meeting! 3 months ago
- Apology Asian Asian American Barack Obama Bill Cosby black church Bob Jones University Chicago Chris Rock Christianity Today Christmas Civility civil rights movement Conservatives Culture Deadly Viper Democratic National Convention Democrats Diversity Divided by Faith Election Eric Holder Evangelicals faith family film Forgiveness George Ryan Glenn Loury gospel music Grace I Have a Dream Illinois John McCain Jordan Peele Jud Wilhite justice Martin Luther King Jr. Michael Emerson Michael O. Emerson Mike Foster movies multiethnic church NBA Newsweek NPR Obama parenting Philip Yancey Politics prayer President Barack Obama Presidential Election President Obama Race Race Relations racial reconciliation Racism Reconciliation Religion Rod Blagojevich Roger Ebert Sarah Palin Saturday Night Live Sexism social justice Soong-Chan Rah Soul Children of Chicago stereotypes Thanksgiving Todd Burkes UrbanFaith UrbanFaith.com war Zondervan