My friend Caryn Rivadeneira, who’s currently the managing editor for Christianity Today’s GiftedforLeadership.com, recently tagged me. I usually try to avoid the whole meme thing, but Caryn is such a nice person—and she was memed/tagged (see, I don’t even know what to call it) by another great guy, Al Hsu from over at IVP—so I’ll give this one a shot. 🙂
Sooo, here are the rules:
- Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
- Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
- Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Okay, here are my random and weird facts. I’ll make it quick:
- God spoke to me about getting serious with him as I stood in the front row at a David Lee Roth concert in 1986.
- I went through a Jheri curl phase around that same time. I think God also spoke to me about getting rid of it.
- I am not a twin.
- I won a Project Author young writers award when I was in fourth grade; first thing I ever really won. (Oh, the name of the book was The Knights of the Star Table—part Star Wars, part King Arthur’s Tales.)
- Growing up in the late seventies, I used to love a soft drink called Rondo—“the Thirst Crusher.” Anyone remember Rondo?
- My first automobile purchase was a used, Green 1974 AMC Hornet. Ah, good memories with that car. Bought it for $450.
- Thanks to my kids, I can sing most of the songs from Disney’s High School Musical. My favorites: “Stick to the Status Quo” and “Breaking Free.”
There you go. Now I’m obligated to nag, er, tag seven other folks. Sorry about this, friends: