This may be a bit of a departure from the usual themes on this blog, or maybe it isn’t. In any event, I was moved by this commentary/essay by Frank Deford this morning on NPR. It’s a cliche to say it, I know, but sometimes sport is the perfect metaphor for life.
- @JudsonUAlumni Board Meeting is in session! Talking Homecoming (Oct. 2-4) and lots of other fun stuff. http://t.co/7QlmS1uRY3 4 days ago
- @JudsonU Alumni Board Meeting is in session! Talking Homecoming (Oct. 2-4) and other fun stuff #JudsonUniversity. http://t.co/7Bh7ldTcLA 4 days ago
- RT @ivpress: "Birmingham Revolution" by @EdGilbreath ivpr.es/birmingham-rev http://t.co/DpZqoePyZJ 4 weeks ago
- RT @BruceVH: "I was wrong," builds more respect than, "I told you so." - @Leadershipfreak #Leadership 1 month ago
- RT @paulapoundstone: I'm not sure what to think anymore, but not thinking at all seems like a bad idea. 1 month ago
- Apology Asian Asian American Barack Obama Bill Cosby black church Bob Jones University Chicago Chris Rock Christianity Today Christmas Civility civil rights movement Conservatives Culture Deadly Viper Democratic National Convention Democrats Diversity Divided by Faith Election Eric Holder Evangelicals faith family film Forgiveness George Ryan Glenn Loury gospel music Grace I Have a Dream Illinois John McCain Jordan Peele Jud Wilhite justice Martin Luther King Jr. Michael Emerson Michael O. Emerson Mike Foster movies multiethnic church NBA Newsweek NPR Obama parenting Philip Yancey Politics prayer President Barack Obama Presidential Election President Obama Race Race Relations racial reconciliation Racism Reconciliation Religion Rod Blagojevich Roger Ebert Sarah Palin Saturday Night Live Sexism social justice Soong-Chan Rah Soul Children of Chicago stereotypes Thanksgiving Todd Burkes UrbanFaith UrbanFaith.com war Zondervan