This may be a bit of a departure from the usual themes on this blog, or maybe it isn’t. In any event, I was moved by this commentary/essay by Frank Deford this morning on NPR. It’s a cliche to say it, I know, but sometimes sport is the perfect metaphor for life.
- @LatashaMorrison Off top of my head, do check out @iamccda and @mosaix and renewpartnerships.org. 2 weeks ago
- "May God bless us with just enough foolishness to believe we can make a difference in the world." --from a Franciscan Benediction 2 weeks ago
- @LatashaMorrison Thanks for your kind words and your commitment to reconciliation. Stay encouraged. 2 weeks ago
- Reading LeBron's essay reminded me of this piece I wrote in 2010 following his first 'decision.' Feels prophetic now. urbanfaith.com/2010/07/king-j… 2 weeks ago
- RT @cgehrz: The first in a series on @EdGilbreath's recent book on MLK and the Letter from a Birmingham Jail. wp.me/p1DrnD-46n 3 weeks ago
- Apology Asian Asian American Barack Obama Bill Cosby black church Bob Jones University Chicago Chris Rock Christianity Today Christmas Civility civil rights movement Conservatives Culture Deadly Viper Democratic National Convention Democrats Diversity Divided by Faith Election Eric Holder Evangelicals faith family film Forgiveness George Ryan Glenn Loury gospel music Grace I Have a Dream Illinois John McCain Jordan Peele Jud Wilhite justice Martin Luther King Jr. Michael Emerson Michael O. Emerson Mike Foster movies multiethnic church NBA Newsweek NPR Obama parenting Philip Yancey Politics prayer President Barack Obama Presidential Election President Obama Race Race Relations racial reconciliation Racism Reconciliation Religion Rod Blagojevich Roger Ebert Sarah Palin Saturday Night Live Sexism social justice Soong-Chan Rah Soul Children of Chicago stereotypes Thanksgiving Todd Burkes UrbanFaith UrbanFaith.com war Zondervan