This may be a bit of a departure from the usual themes on this blog, or maybe it isn’t. In any event, I was moved by this commentary/essay by Frank Deford this morning on NPR. It’s a cliche to say it, I know, but sometimes sport is the perfect metaphor for life.
- One more: "Focus on this to lead well: figure out how the people around you can have a successful day." @jaltucher on @LinkedIn 1 week ago
- "If all the people around you achieve more than you, then life will be good." Great leadership advice from @jaltucher on @LinkedIn. 1 week ago
- "Most Leadership Advice Is Useless. Here's What I Really Learned in Running 20 Companies." by @jaltucher on @LinkedIn linkedin.com/pulse/article/… 1 week ago
- @JudsonUAlumni Board Meeting is in session! Talking Homecoming (Oct. 2-4) and lots of other fun stuff. http://t.co/7QlmS1uRY3 2 weeks ago
- @JudsonU Alumni Board Meeting is in session! Talking Homecoming (Oct. 2-4) and other fun stuff #JudsonUniversity. http://t.co/7Bh7ldTcLA 2 weeks ago
- Apology Asian Asian American Barack Obama Bill Cosby black church Bob Jones University Chicago Chris Rock Christianity Today Christmas Civility civil rights movement Conservatives Culture Deadly Viper Democratic National Convention Democrats Diversity Divided by Faith Election Eric Holder Evangelicals faith family film Forgiveness George Ryan Glenn Loury gospel music Grace I Have a Dream Illinois John McCain Jordan Peele Jud Wilhite justice Martin Luther King Jr. Michael Emerson Michael O. Emerson Mike Foster movies multiethnic church NBA Newsweek NPR Obama parenting Philip Yancey Politics prayer President Barack Obama Presidential Election President Obama Race Race Relations racial reconciliation Racism Reconciliation Religion Rod Blagojevich Roger Ebert Sarah Palin Saturday Night Live Sexism social justice Soong-Chan Rah Soul Children of Chicago stereotypes Thanksgiving Todd Burkes UrbanFaith UrbanFaith.com war Zondervan