This may be a bit of a departure from the usual themes on this blog, or maybe it isn’t. In any event, I was moved by this commentary/essay by Frank Deford this morning on NPR. It’s a cliche to say it, I know, but sometimes sport is the perfect metaphor for life.
- Good thoughts. 8 Photos You Didn't See From Obama's Trip to South Africa by @ninaippolito policymic.com/articles/76375… via @policymic 9 hours ago
- RT @ahc: The real danger is not plagiarism—it is idolatry. My commentary at @CTMagazine. christianitytoday.com/ct/2013/decemb… 13 hours ago
- RT @washingtonpost: A steel sculpture rises where Mandela was captured by police in 1962 wapo.st/1aDZmdf http://t.co/mYZ75H1civ 1 week ago
- @beneash On tight schedule & at mercy of other fam members, but will let you know if I can break away before departing. Thanks for invite! 1 week ago
- @beneash At Easton. A fun mall to visit during the holidays. 1 week ago
- Apology Asian Asian American Barack Obama Bill Cosby black church Bob Jones University Chicago Chris Rock Christianity Today Christmas Civility Clarence Page Conservatives Culture Deadly Viper Democratic National Convention Democrats Diversity Divided by Faith Election Eric Holder Evangelicals faith family film Forgiveness George Ryan Glenn Loury gospel music Grace I Have a Dream Illinois John McCain Jordan Peele Jud Wilhite justice Martin Luther King Jr. Michael Emerson Michael O. Emerson Mike Foster movies multiethnic church NBA Newsweek NPR Obama parenting Philip Yancey Politics prayer President Barack Obama Presidential Election President Obama Race Race Relations racial reconciliation Racism Reconciliation Religion Rod Blagojevich Roger Ebert Sarah Palin Saturday Night Live Sexism social justice Soong-Chan Rah Soul Children of Chicago stereotypes Thanksgiving Todd Burkes UrbanFaith UrbanFaith.com war Zondervan